No new job listings at this time.
Please check back again soon.
Fox Rothschild LLP
Multiple Offices (Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY)
Description: Fox Rothschild LLP has an opening in multiple offices for a music associate in our Entertainment and Sports Law Department. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience in the music industry. We are not accepting resumes from search firms for this position at this time.
Qualifications: Juris Doctorate (JD) required. The candidate must be licensed to practice in the state where the office resides.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience with a major label or publisher business affairs office and/or experience with a recognized music industry law firm.
- Familiarity with recording contracts, various publishing contracts, side artist agreements, producer agreements, songwriting agreements, merchandising agreements, tour and tour-related agreements, management agreements, influencer/brand endorsement agreements, operating agreements and/or partnership agreements.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to summarize agreements and present them in spreadsheet form.
- Ability to review documents as part of the due diligence process of catalog acquisitions on the buy or sell side.
- Ability to work with and coordinate copyright due diligence and trademark searches, with the assistance of IP counsel.
- Working knowledge of entertainment-related financing.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment including, but not limited to computers, telephones, printers, and copiers.
- Compensation & Benefits
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary range for this position applies to California and New York. The salary range reflects a variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to experience, education, licensure and/or certifications, geographic location, market demands, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for a position. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this position is $205,000 to $250,000.
- For information on Fox Rothschild’s compensation and benefits visit: Compensation & Benefits (foxrothschild.com)
Fox Rothschild LLP is under no obligation to provide sponsorship for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities, or requirements the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional duties. Additionally, management reserves the right to review and revise the job description at any time. Employment with the firm is at-will. Employees must be able to satisfactorily perform all of the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. If an accommodation request would cause an undue hardship or a safety concern, the individual may not be eligible for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer – vets, disability
Ivie McNeill Wyatt Purcell & Diggs
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Attorney – All Experience Levels
All experience levels are desired – from recent admittees to the California Bar to experienced attorneys. Ivie McNeill Wyatt Purcell & Diggs (IMW) is seeking associates to assist with litigation matters (personal injury, employment, civil rights, etc.) in Los Angeles, California. The billable hour requirement is 1900 hours/year. The ideal candidates must have ability and desire to provide excellent work product that reflects strong research, writing, and analytical skills as well as drafting pleadings, motions, and briefs. Associates are given meaningful, hands-on legal work at every stage of their careers while working closely with other attorneys and partners. Associates with experience independently manage caseload including, handling court appearances, law and motion, depositions, client communications, and trial preparation. This is a trial firm and associates receive trial experience. Admission to practice in California is required. Admission to practice in Nevada a plus. Compensation $95,000.00 – $250,000.00 per year, salary commensurate with experience.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Qualified candidates should submit:
- Cover letter (describing interest in the position and compensation requirements)
- Legal Writing Sample (10 pages or less)